Margherita Pizza with Roasted Garden Vegetables
Frozen pizza is dressed up with tender roasted vegetables for an easy to prepare treat.
1 1/2 lb. yellow or green zucchini, sliced in paper-thin coins
2 1/4 lb. Roma, plum, or cherry tomatoes, diced
3/4 lb. eggplant, diced (optional)
Olive oil, as needed
Salt and pepper to taste
24 8-in. Freschetta Margherita Pizzas
3/4 lb. scallions, white & green parts, sliced
1 1/2 lb. arugula, stems removed, diced
1 1/2 lb. Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
Vinegar, as needed
To assemble each pizza:
1. In a bowl, toss 1 oz. zucchini, 11/2 oz. tomatoes, 1/2 oz. eggplant with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Top 8-in. pizza with vegetables, arranging decoratively.
3. Bake according to package instructions, adding 2 min. to baking time.
4. While pizza bakes, combine 1/2 oz. scallions and 1 oz. arugula in bowl. Toss with equal parts oil and vinegar to coat.
5. When pizza is removed from oven, top with salad mixture. Sprinkle with 1 oz. cheese.