Sweet, juicy mango and crushed shortbread cookies, layered with plain yogurt and topped with coconut flakes.
6 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
2 ripe Mexican mangos
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
Crushed shortbread cookies
Toasted flaked coconut
1. Drain yogurt in paper-lined sieve at least 30 min.
2. Cut mango flesh criss-cross into 1⁄4-in. cubes. Pop fruit from skin; remove mango cubes and pit.
3. Scoop flesh from second mango; place in blender and puree. Add sugar to taste.
4. Beat cream with sugar, vanilla, and ginger until stiff. Fold in drained yogurt, mango puree, and most mango cubes.
5. In dessert glasses, layer mango-yogurt mixture and crushed cookies; top with coconut and mango cubes.