Sweet, juicy mango and crushed shortbread cookies are layered with plain yogurt and topped with coconut flakes.
6 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
2 ripe mangoes
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
Crushed shortbread cookies
Toasted flaked coconut
1. Drain yogurt in paper-lined sieve at least 30 minutes.
2. Cut mango flesh criss-cross into 1⁄4-inch cubes. Pop fruit from skin; remove mango cubes and pit.
3. Scoop flesh from second mango; place in blender and puree. Add sugar to taste.
4. Beat cream with sugar, vanilla and ginger until stiff. Fold in drained yogurt, mango puree and most mango cubes.
5. In dessert glasses, layer mango-yogurt mixture and crushed cookies; top with coconut and mango cubes.