Filled with mussels, shrimp and lobster, this dish is a seafood lover’s dream come true.
8 oz. Maine mussels
5 oz. cooked Maine lobster
1/3 cup diced onion
1 1/4 tbsp. chopped garlic
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
One pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 cup rice
2/3 cup vegetable stock
1/3 cup Chablis wine
2/3 cup diced tomato
1/3 cup roasted red pepper strips
1/3 tbsp. capers
8 oz. Maine shrimp
1 1/4 tbsp. green peas
2/3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/3 tsp. salt
- Scrub and debeard mussels and hold in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Lightly chop pulled lobster meat into 1.5-inch pieces, taking care to remove any cartilage that may remain. Hold lobster cold.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil. Add turmeric, cayenne pepper and rice and cook for about 1 minute. Toss in mussels, vegetable stock and wine.
- Cover and lower heat; simmer for about 20 minutes until rice is almost cooked and mussels start to open.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red peppers and capers and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add shrimp, lobster, peas and cilantro and heat through to minimal internal temperature of 165°F.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.