Lime-Miso Glazed Snapper with Couscous
The lime-miso glaze gives this fish a bright and pleasing taste. The couscous serves as a nice, simple backdrop for the well-flavored fish.
1 large onion, chopped
1 butternut squash, diced
Olive oil, as needed
3 cups Israeli couscous
1 cup golden raisins
2 preserved lemons
1⁄2 cup lime juice
4 tbsp. white miso paste
2 tbsp. honey
8 6-oz. red snapper fillets
2 tsp. lime zest
8 lime wedges, for garnish
1. Sauté onion until soft, about 5 min. Toss squash with oil and roast in hot oven until soft, about 20 min. Add couscous to a large pot of boiling water; cook 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain; do not rinse.
2. Halve preserved lemons. Squeeze juice over couscous; scrape out flesh and discard; chop. Add lemon, squash, onions and golden raisins to couscous. Season well; add additional olive oil if necessary.
3. In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, miso paste and honey.
4. Season snapper; brush with olive oil and lime-miso glaze. Sear in a hot skillet; remove from heat. With the skin side down, brush again with glaze and finish in a hot oven 4-5 min. until cooked through.
5. Mound couscous in the center of a plate. Top with snapper and sprinkle with 1⁄4 tsp. lime zest. Garnish with lime wedge.