Lemon Grass Steamed Mussels
This dish is filled with flavor. From fresh lemon grass to freshly chopped garlic, these mussels hold onto flavor in every bite.
1/3 cup fresh parsley
2 1/2 tsp. fresh tarragon
1 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme
3 tbsp. trimmed shallot
3 tbsp. fresh lemon grass
1 1/2 lb. Maine mussels
1 1/3 cup water
1/2 tbsp. chopped garlic
2/3 cup Chablis wine
1/2 lb. unsalted butter
- Chop parsley, thyme, tarragon and shallots.
- Slice lemon grass very thin.
- Reserve rest of lemon grass stocks for garnish.
- In steam kettle, add all ingredients except butter.
- When mussels just open, remove from stock. Place in 2-inch hotel pan. Be careful not to overcook.
- Add butter, a little at a time, to simmering stock. Pour stock over mussels.
- Bruise 4 stocks of lemon grass and place into hotel pans for added flavor.