Key Lime Tartlet
These Key Lime Tartlets are capped off with a whipped topping and gummy candies for a fun presentation.
9 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1.4 oz. egg yolk
1.6 oz. Nellie and Joe’s Key Lime Juice
12 fluted butter tartlet shells 3.25 in.
Vanilla whipped topping to taste
12 lime gummy candies
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In mixer with paddle attachment, mix together condensed milk and egg yolk, on low speed, until fully incorporated.
- While mixer is running on low speed, carefully add Key lime juice until fully incorporated.
- After mixed, refrigerate filling for several hours to make scaling into tartlet shells easier.
- Once filling is chilled, scale 1 ounce of filling into each tartlet shell.
- Bake tartlets for 12 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Allow tartlets to cool completely.
- Decorate tartlets with vanilla whipped topping and garnish with lime gummy candy.
Recipe by The Grain Chain Bakery