This jasmine rice recipe from Miami University, in Oxford, Ohio, is perfect for a side dish or main dish component.
1 ¼ oz. diced onion
1.26 oz. margarine
8 oz. jasmine rice
⅛ tsp. salt
1 ½ cups water
- Combine onions, margarine and jasmine rice in 2-inch full pans.
- Add water just to cover rice.
- Cook uncovered in steamer until all water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Test for doneness and add liquid if needed.
- Stir rice asking cooking to distribute onions.
- Serve 4 ounces per order.
Recipe by Miami University, Oxford, Ohio