Italian Sampler Platter
High school students like to see school lunch items that mimic those they can find outside campus. This entrée does just that, by being similar to a dish found at Olive Garden. According to Maryann Lazzaro, R.D., food service director, “Lunch sales skyrocket this day as students flock to lunch for one of our signature dishes.”
1 to 2 oz. precooked grilled chicken breast
1 cup cooked 51% whole-grain pasta
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. marina sauce
1/4 oz. shredded low-fat, part skim mozzarella
1 1-oz. whole-grain breadstick
- Heat chicken according to package directions.
- Heat marina sauce according to package directions.
- Hold cooked pasta for serving.
- Place 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on cooked chicken breast and spread lightly.
- Sprinkle 1/4 ounce cheese over cooked chicken and sauce and place in warmer for cheese to melt.
- Serve 1 cup cooked pasta and chicken on plate and top pasta with 1/2 cup sauce. Serve with warm breadstick.