A Stockholm invention proves that less is more—just Idaho® potatoes, olive oil, butter, garlic, saffron, and salt. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside every time.
1 garlic clove, smashed
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
butter, as needed
3 Idaho® potatoes
Saffron, as needed
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1. Simmer smashed garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil and a knob of butter in a small saucepan over low heat until ingredients are blended.
2. Place potatoes horizontally on a cutting board. Starting at one end, thinly slice each potato, cutting three quarters through potato. Be careful not to completely through potato.
3. Drizzle garlic oil mixture over potatoes and bake about 40 minutes in a 425*F oven, until exterior is crispy and interior is soft.
4. While potatoes are baking, heat saffron, sliced garlic and remaining olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly bring oil to a light simmer and when garlic is golden, remove pan from heat to infuse until potatoes are done.
5. When potatoes are done, strain saffron oil through a fine meshed strainer. Drizzle about a tablespoon of oil over each baked potato and serve.