Hushpuppy-Coated Fish and Beer Battered Chips Bucket
A pub classic with a contemporary twist. This one is made for crunch-lovers everywhere.
4 oz. Tavern Traditions Beer Battered Platter Fries® (#45R)
½ oz. Malt Vinegar
5 ea. Hushpuppy-Coated Cod Filets (see coating recipe)
1 c. Flour (for dredging)
2 oz. Spicy Ketchup (for dipping; see recipe)
- Prepare fries according to package directions.
- Prepare the spicy ketchup dipping sauce in advance. Refrigerate.
- Prepare the hushpuppy coating according to recipe. Set aside.
- Pat cod filets dry with paper towel, and dredge in the flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Dip floured fish into the hushpuppy coating.
- Fry fish at 350oF for approx. 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Toss the fries with the vinegar, and sprinkle with the salt.
- Serve together in a bucket, with the ketchup on the side.
1 c. Seasoned Flour
1 c. Cornmeal, stone ground
2 ea. Eggs
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1½ c. Milk
1 tsp. Salt
1½ tsp. Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a second, medium bowl, combine eggs and milk; whisk until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture, whisking until well combined.
Spicy Ketchup for Dipping:
1 c. Ketchup
1 tsp. Horseradish
2 T. Tabasco