House Smoked Trout and Jumbo Lump Crabmeat Cakes with Cracked Mustard Sauce
Sweet crab meat and smokey trout combine to put these seafood patties over-the-top. The patties are served lightly browned, with roasted potatoes on the side.
1⁄4 cup Pommery mustard
1⁄2 cup honey
1 tbsp. chives, minced
1 cup mayonnaise
1 lb. smoked trout
1 lb. crabmeat
1 tbsp. garlic
1⁄4 cup onion, diced
1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
Olive oil, as needed
1⁄4 cup scallions, finely diced
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Japanese bread crumbs
Roasted fingerling potatoes, as needed
Grilled asparagus, as needed
1. In a bowl, combine mustard, honey, chives and mayonnaise; mix well and season. Reserve.
2. In a separate bowl, break up smoked trout into small pieces and mix with crabmeat.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic and peppers in olive oil for 3 min. until soft. Allow to cool; add to the crabmeat.
4. In a bowl, mix together hot sauce, mustard, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire and
mayonnaise until thoroughly incorporated.
5. Fold mayonnaise mixture, scallions and bread crumbs into crabmeat, but don’t over work. Mold into patties and coat in extra bread crumbs.
6. In a skillet, sauté patties in olive oil until brown. Serve with roasted fingerling potatoes, grilled asparagus and reserved cracked mustard sauce.