Grilled Yellowfin Tuna Salad Sandwich
A twist on the tuna salad sandwich, this version features balsamic vinaigrette, chopped anchovy, olives, garlic, whole-grain mustard and red and yellow peppers.
31⁄2 oz. balsamic vinaigrette
1 tbsp. chopped anchovy fillets
1⁄2 oz. julienned niçoise olives
1 tsp. whole-grain mustard
21⁄4 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. basil chiffonade
1 tsp. chopped thyme
1 tsp. chopped oregano
1 tsp. chopped chives
11⁄4 lb. yellowfin tuna, grilled, cooled
10 oz. diced roasted red and yellow peppers
10 slices whole-wheat bread
10 spears Belgian endive
4 oz. thinly sliced red onion
10 radicchio leaves
3 oz. frisée
1. For dressing, whisk together vinaigrette, fillets, olives, mustard, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano and chives.
2. Break tuna into chunks by hand; combine with peppers. Add dressing and toss gently until combined.
3. Toast bread and cut slices diagonally in half.
4. For each portion, place toast triangle in center of plate. Top with 1 endive spear, 1 red onion slice, and 2 ounces tuna mixture.
5. Place second slice of toast on top of tuna so that corners of second toast point opposite those of base piece. Top with 1 radicchio leaf, some frisée and 1 oz. tuna.
Recipe by The Culinary Institute of America