Grilled Swordfish Puttanesca
The combination of Puttanesca Sauce and swordfish make a perfect healthy menu option.
1 lb. + 8 oz. swordfish tenderloin
6 1 ½-oz. portions Puttanesca Sauce (recipe below)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ¾ oz. olive oil
1 ¾ oz. diced onion
1 pinch garlic in oil
¾ oz. capers
2 ¼ oz. pitted kalamata olives
3 tbsp. + 2 tsp. burgundy
Dash salt and pepper
14 ¾ oz. diced purée tomatoes
1 pinch basil
- Season thawed fish with salt and white pepper.
- Prepare sauce according to recipe and hold hot.
- Cook swordfish on charbroiler to 145°F for 15 seconds.
- Serve 4 ounces of swordfish tipped with 1 ½ ounces of sauce.
- In hot sauce pan, sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add capers and olives.
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce by half. Add seasoning and tomatoes with purée, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chopped basil.
- Serve in hotel pan; thin out with veggie stock if needed.
Recipe by University of New Hampshire, Holloway Commons, Durham