Grilled Salmon with Green Tea Sauce
Classic grilled salmon gets an Asian twist with a green tea sauce made with green onions, ginger, garlic, lemon zest and orange juice.
2 tbsp. lemon juice
4 wild Alaskan salmon fillets, 4 oz. each
Olive oil spray
2 tbsp. green onions, chopped
11/2 tsp. ginger root, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 cup orange juice
2 green tea bags
1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tbsp. water
1. Preheat grill. Sprinkle lemon juice on both sides of salmon fillets. Spray grill with olive oil spray.
2. Grill fillets for 3 to 5 mins., or until fish flakes easily with fork and internal temperature
3. For sauce, heat green onions, ginger, garlic and lemon zest in small saucepan over medium flame until onions soften. Add orange juice and green tea bags. Simmer for 5 mins.
4. Strain through fine-mesh strainer and discard bulk. Return broth to pan and simmer.
Whisk cornstarch and water together and add cornstarch slurry to broth. Stir until thickened.
5. Serve each fillet with ¼ cup of green tea sauce.
Recipe by Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, Calif. (Morrison Management Services)