Gluten-free Mac & Cheese
Everyone loves mac and cheese. This easy recipe is perfect for those diners who can't eat gluten. With sharp cheese and gluten-free breadcrumbs, this mac and cheese is sure to please.
1.5 lb. rice pasta elbows
1.5 qt. heavy cream
2 tbsp. chopped garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. sorghum flour
3 cups NY state sharp cheese
1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Cook rice pasta according to manufacturer’s box instructions.
- In meantime, reduce cream by half with chopped garlic.
- Make roux by melting butter and cooking it for a few minutes with sorghum flour.
- Add roux to reduced milk. Simmer to tighten. Then add shredded cheese. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta and heat to 140 CCP.
- Place macaroni and cheese in ramekins. Sprinkle with crumbled rice bread lightly tossed in butter. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes, until slightly brown.