General Wow Pizza
Wendi Fetty-Drumm, chef at a Metz B&I account, was inspired to make this pizza version of the Chinese classic General Tso’s because of the popularity of sweet and hot pepper relish at her account. Along with the relish, the pizza features breaded chicken chunks, a mozzarella and provolone cheese mix, red pepper flakes, green onions and sesame seeds.
2 8 3/4 oz. jars of Dickinsons Sweet 'n' Hot Onion Pepper Relish
1 16-in. pizza crust
2 1/2 cups of Mozzarella/Provalone mix shredded cheese
2 lbs. breaded boneless chicken breast chunks
1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
2 to 3 tbsp sesame seeds
3 green onions, bias cut
1. Spread one jar of relish on crust and top with cheese.
2. Bake at 350°F until crust is done and cheese is bubbly.
3. While pizza is cooking, fry or bake chicken chunks.
4. When done, toss chicken with the other jar of relish and add pepper flakes.
5. Spread chicken on cooked pizza and top with onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe by Metz Culinary Management