Fruity Idaho Potato Breakfast Squares
A delectable mix of potatoes, eggs and dried fruit bake up golden brown and delicious. Garnish it nicely and this breakfast square is a great way to start the day.
1 tsp. butter
8 large Idaho potatoes, baked
1 cup mixed dried fruit
2 cups evaporated skim milk
1 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. ground pepper
1. Butter two 7-in. x 11-in. baking pans. Peel cooled potatoes and slice thinly.
2. Arrange half the potatoes in pans. Cover potatoes evenly with dried fruit and top with remaining potato slices.
3. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over potatoes.
4. Cover pan with foil and place in a bain-marie. Bake at 350° F. for 40 min. Remove foil, bake another 15 min., or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cut into squares, garnish if desired, and serve.