French Toast Brazilian Style
Try this unique twist on French Toast from Harvard University, in Cambridge, Mass. With cinnamon, hot chocolate powder and vanilla mixed in the batter, you cannot go wrong with this sweet take on French toast.
4 oz. liquid egg
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. milk
¼ cup + 1 ¼ tsp. sweetened condensed milk
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. kosher salt
3 tbsp. + ½ tsp. sugar
Pinch hot chocolate powder
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
6 ¼ oz. French bread, cut into slices
¾ oz. corn flake crumbs
1 ¼ tsp. powdered sugar
¼ oz. canola oil
- Blend eggs, milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, hot chocolate powder and condensed milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Dip bread slices (do not use ends) into egg mixture, coating both sides of each slice thoroughly. Do not allow to soak. Place in perforated pans to drain excess moisture.
- Place dipped bread into pan of crushed corn flakes.
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Deep-fry bread until golden brown. If needed, place on sheet trays and finished in 350°F oven.
- Dust slices with powdered sugar.