These macaroons can be enjoyed for breakfast, a snack or a light dessert.
1 cup almond flour
1 1/2 cups powered sugar
3 egg whites, room temperature
5 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Sift together almond flour and powdered sugar.
- In mixer bowl with whisk attachment, whip egg whites until foamy. Gradually add in granulated sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in dry ingredients into egg whites and stir with rubber spatula until fully incorporated.
- Place in piping bag with round tip and pipe even rounds on parchment-lined sheet pan and let air dry for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
- Fill with whatever flavor combinations you desire.
Recipe by University of Montana