Eggs Benedict Pizza with Spicy Hollandaise Sauce
This dish features creamy eggs Benedict finding a new home on pizza, and is topped with a spicy version of hollandaise sauce.
12 oz. prepared pizza dough
2 tbsp. cornmeal
3/4 cup pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup ham, sliced
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
5 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1 tbsp. warm water
Pinch black pepper
6 oz. butter, salted, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. On flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into 14-inch circle, leaving a 1/2-inch raised rim around edge. Place on wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal.
3. Spread pizza sauce over dough, top with even layer of cheese, then top with ham and tomato. Bake 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and crack whole eggs over pizza, evenly spaced. Return pizza to oven and bake for another 3 to 4 minutes, until egg yolks are cooked but still runny.
5. For hollandaise sauce, combine yolks, lemon juice, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, warm water, salt and pepper in food processor. Slowly drizzle melted butter into food processor while it is running. Reserve and keep warm.
6. Remove pizza from oven and drizzle hollandaise sauce over pizza.