Duo of Quinoa and Herbs Salad
Quinoa and herbs such as parsley, rosemary and chervil combine with favorites like tomatoes, orange and red onion to create this fresh and bright salad.
1 cup quinoa, toasted lightly, then cooked al dente
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup flat-leaf parsley
1 sprig rosemary
½ cup chervil
½ cup cilantro
1 orange, peeled, deseeded, diced
4 shaves red onion, shaved thin
8 grape tomatoes, quartered
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. fresh-cracked pepper
1 cup quinoa, puffed
1. Add spinach and herbs to bowl. Toss.
2. Add cooked quinoa, orange, onion and tomatoes. Toss.
3. Add oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix gently.
4. Gently add puffed quinoa.
5. Portion and serve immediately.
Recipe by Saint Clare’s Health System