Design-Your-Own Beef Stroganoff
Customizable to your taste this dish features petite tenders, caramelized onions, spinach, mushrooms, red bell peppers, tomatoes, peas and sour cream.
20 lb. petite tenders
12 onions, julienne, caramelized
9 lb. baby spinach
10 lb. mushrooms, sliced
10 lb. red bell peppers, medium dice
10 lb. tomato, small dice
10 lb. blanched peas
2 gal. demi-glace
1 qt. balsamic vinegar
2 qt. sour cream for garnish
1 qt. mixed herbs for garnish
25 lb. tagliatelle pasta, cooked
1. Cut beef into ½-in. cubes. They can be slightly irregular. For each order, sauté 3 ounces of beef until browned on all sides.
2. Add vegetables of guests’ choosing, and sauté until vegetables are heated through.
3. Add 3 ounces demi-glace and 2 tbsp. vinegar. Bring to a boil.
4. Add heaping tablespoon sour cream and fresh herbs to garnish.
5. Toss together with 4 ounces of hot pasta, plate and serve.
Recipe by Cisco, Palo Alto, Calif. (Bon Appétit Management Co.)