Vegans can enjoy the flavors of india with this tofu curry and vegetable quinoa dish. The dish features grilled tofu, asparagus, onion, broccoli, carrots, ginger and cumin.
1 cup quinoa, cooked per box instructions
1 lb. grilled tofu, diced
¾ lb. asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3-in. length
I large onion, thinly sliced
6 cups broccoli florets
4 carrots, peeled, julienned
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
1½ tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. cumin powder
1½ tbsp. curry powder
1 tbsp. vegetable base
½ cup water
½ cup cilantro, minced
1. Cook quinoa and set aside.
2. Grill tofu and set aside.
3. Blanch all vegetables and set aside.
4. In large sauté pan, sauté garlic and ginger in olive oil. Add blanched vegetables and stir. Add cumin, curry and vegetable base. Combine well and add water. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
5. Fold sautéed vegetables into cooked quinoa. Dice tofu and add to quinoa. Stir in minced cilantro.
Recipe by Pnina Peled, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York City