Crab Cakes Egg Benedict
Poached and Peppery. A winning breakfast combination to your operation’s menu, serve up the flavorful Crab Cake Eggs Benedict with TABASCO® brand Original Pepper Sauce.
Poached Eggs - 4 ea.
Hollandaise Sauce - 1/4 cup
Crab Cakes, prepared - 4 ea.
Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce - 1/4 cup & 2Tbsp.
Russet potatoes, peeled, grated - 2 ea.
Green onions, minced - 1 bunch
Eggs, whisked - 2 ea.
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil - 3 cups
- Mix the shredded potatoes, 2Tbsp. Original TABASCO® Pepper Sauce, green onions, eggs, and flour. Combine until mixture is fully blended.
- Heat your oil to 325°F.
- Make a flat pancake (make a total of 8) of the potato mixture the size of the palm of your hand and a quarter inch thick, fry until golden brown on both sides, remove from the oil and place on a drip tray.
- Heat the crab cakes until hot.
- Mix the Original TABASCO® Pepper Sauce with the hollandaise sauce, keep warm on the side.
- Place a pancake on each plate laying a crab cake on top, spoon some of the hollandaise over the crab cake, lay a poached egg on top of the crab cake.
- Spoon more of the hollandaise over the egg, cover with another pancake.