Crab and Avocado Salad with Avocado Cream
Lump crabmeat, buttery avocado and herbed vinaigrette dressing join together in this tall, layered salad. With a variety of textures and colors, the end result is worth the time and effort to build.
2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
1⁄4 cup prepared herb vinaigrette
1⁄4 cup sour cream
1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 ripe avocados
Fresh lemon juice, as needed
12 oz. baby salad greens
2 lb., 4 oz. fresh lump crab meat
Fresh pea shoots, for garnish
1. For avocado cream: Puree avocados until almost smooth. Add vinaigrette, sour cream and lemon juice; puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
2. Just before service, slice avocados for salad; brush with lemon juice. Reserve.
3. Per order, toss 1 1⁄2 cups salad greens with 1 tablespoon avocado cream; arrange on plate.
4. Place 1⁄3 cup crab meat (1 1⁄2 oz.) on greens, then top with 3-4 avocado slices (about 1⁄3 of whole avocado).
5. Repeat layers with remaining greens, crab and avocado slices.
6. Garnish with pea shoots. Dot plate with avocado cream for added garnish, if desired.