These cookie sandwiches deliver the great taste of malt along with chocolate, vanilla and créme fraîche.
310 g. flour
65 g. cocoa powder
35 g. malted milk powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
225 g. butter
330 g. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup créme fraîche
3 tbsp. hot water
8 oz. butter
8 oz. powdered sugar
1 cup malted milk powder
1/4 cup half-and-half
6 oz. milk chocolate, melted
1. Sift together flour, cocoa, malt powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy in 6-qt. machine with paddle.
3. Mix in egg, vanilla, créme fraîche and hot water. Reduce speed to low and add in dry ingredients. Allow to rest in cooler. Scoop using silver scoop (2 scoops per cookie).
4. Bake at 350°F for 10 mins. Allow to cool.
5. For filling: Cream butter with sugar. Dilute powder with liquid. Mix into butter mix with melted chocolate and salt.
6. Sandwich together cookies with filling.
Recipe by Oracle, Redwood Shores, Calif. (Bon Appétit)