Cilantro Lime Rice
This flavorful rice recipe is quick to prepare and works well for a side dish.
3.36 oz. white rice
½ cup + 2 ⅔ tbsp. water
⅛ tsp. kosher salt
Dash white pepper
¼ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
.03 bunch fresh cilantro, minced into 1/16-in. pieces
⅜ tsp. lime juice
1 ⅜ tsp. water
- Rinse rice for 5 minutes under cool running water. Dump rice into rice cooker.
- Add first amount of water, salt, pepper and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Turn rice cooker on and set timer for 30 minutes.
- Combine lime juice and second amount of water.
- Clean cilantro of brown leaves and rinse with victory wash. Chop just below where bulk of leaves meet stems, then mince leaves. One bunch of fresh cilantro should yield ¼ cup of minced cilantro.
- When rice is done, transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add cilantro and lime juice mixture, constantly stirring to evenly distribute throughout rice.
- Transfer rice to pans for service. Keep covered, labeled and dated. Hold hot.
Recipe by Miami University, Oxford Ohio