Chilled Citrus Mashed Potatoes on Carrot Chips
These playful appetizers feature crisp carrot chips topped with a swirl of Potato Pearls® mashed potatoes, garnished with candied citrus zest.
1 pkg Potato Pearls® Premium Gold Mashed Potatoes*
4 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 Tbsp Lemon zest
2 tsp Lime zest
2 tsp Orange zest
¼ tsp White pepper, ground
2 cups Heavy cream
1 gal Water, hot (170°-190°F)
200 Carrot chips
Candied citrus zest (garnish)
- Add Potato Pearls® Premium Gold Mashed Potatoes, butter, lemon juice, citrus zest and pepper to a 4-inch deep, full-size steamtable pan.
- Heat heavy cream and water in a large stockpot to a boil.
- Carefully pour cream mixture over potatoes and whisk until just thickened, about 20 sec. Cover and let rest for 5 min.
- Transfer to full sheet pan and spread evenly, cover loosely with plastic film, refrigerate until fully cooled, about 2 hrs.**
- Fill piping bags (use small round tip) and pipe cold potatoes atop carrot chips, garnish with candied citrus zest and serve immediately.
- *Note: Can substitute other Basic American Foods mashed potato products.
- **Note: Can serve Citrus Mashed Potatoes warm as well.