Caribbean Mango Chicken Wrap
This chicken wrap takes it up a notch with a mango chutney made with red onion, ginger, jalapeño pepper, mangos, raisins and cilantro.
6 12-in. tomato tortillas
18 oz. black beans with garlic and oregano
3⁄4 cup sour cream
6 oz. romaine, shredded
12 oz. warm Mango Chutney (recipe follows)
6 jerk chicken breasts, grilled and diced 1⁄2 in.
Yield: Approximately 21/2 cups
3 tbsp. olive oil
6 oz. red onion, diced 1⁄4-in.
11⁄2 tsp. fresh minced ginger
11⁄2 tsp. fresh minced jalapeño pepper
2 fresh mangos, diced 1⁄2 in.
3 oz. raisins
1⁄4 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. black pepper, table grind
2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. cider vinegar
11⁄2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
For Mango Chutney:
1. Heat oil in saucepot. Add onion, ginger and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add mango, raisins, salt, pepper and vinegar and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until mango begins to soften.
3. Remove from heat and season with cilantro. Hold hot at 140°F, or above, or cool quickly to 40°F or below. Use within 72 hours. Reheat quickly to 165°F for 15 seconds.
4. For service: Heat tortilla to soften. Place 3 oz. heated black beans on lower third of tortilla.
5. Top beans with 2 tbsp. sour cream, 1 oz. shredded romaine, 3 oz. warm chutney and 1 diced jerk chicken breast.
6. Roll burrito style, cut in half on angle and serve immediately.