Caribbean Chicken Lollipops
This flashy take on Jamaica's jerk chicken may sound unusual, but these crunchy marinated drumsticks are delightfully paired with a spicy-sweet pineapple salsa.
20 chicken wing drumettes
2-3 tbsp. jerk seasoning
1⁄4 cup melted butter or oil
1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pineapple
2-3 tbsp. rum
1 tsp. ground ginger
1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1. Make a small incision in the narrow end of each drumette. Cut tendons and scrape meat and skin down to form a lollipop.
2. Rub jerk seasoning on chicken. Let stand 30 minutes.
3. Combine pineapple, rum, ginger, red pepper, cilantro and jalapeno for salsa.
4. Arrange drumettes in greased baking pan; drizzle with butter or oil. Bake in 475 F oven for 25-30 minutes, turning once.
5. For service, run drumettes under broiler for 1-2 minutes until crisp. Serve with pineapple salsa and lime wedges.