This is a calzone with a Cajun twist. Spicy sausage and seasonings add distinctive flavor to this welcome variation of a favorite. The creamy mozzarella provides a mellow counterpoint to the spicy flavors.
1 (5-oz.) ball pizza dough
Cornmeal, as needed
1 tbsp. olive oil
6 oz. andouille sausage
1 bell pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
8 oz. mozzarella, diced
1. Divide pizza dough into four portions; roll each into a 5-in. circle. Place on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add andouille and sauté over medium heat 10 minutes, until browned. Drain and slice.
3. Add pepper, onion, celery, and Cajun seasoning to drippings in skillet ; sauté 10 min.
4. Arrange andouille slices over half of each dough circle, leaving a 1⁄2-in. border. Divide vegetables and mozzarella over sausage. Fold dough over filling and press edges to seal. Cut a slit on top of calzones.
5. Bake in a preheated 450°F oven 30 min. or until crisp and golden.