Buffalo is a terrific alternative to beef. A full-bodied cream sauce surrounds the strips of buffalo in this stroganoff, and it is all served over noodles.
6 tbsp. butter
2 leeks, white part only, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1⁄2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
2 1⁄2 lb. buffalo sirloin steak, cut into 2 1⁄4-in. strips
1 1⁄2 tbsp. flour
1⁄2 cup sour cream
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1 1⁄2 cups beef stock, heated
1 1⁄2 lb. fresh rosemary pappardelle
1. Melt 2 tbsp. butter and sauté leeks until tender. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté until done. Set aside.
2. Add 2 tbsp. butter and flour and whisk until smooth.
3. Add beef stock and tomato paste and continue to whisk. Stir in sour cream. Set aside.
4. Melt remaining butter and quickly sauté buffalo.
5. Combine all ingredients and spoon sauce over noodles.