Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed Salmon Wrap
Salmon marinated with a butter, onion, bourbon and brown sugar glaze get the star treatment in this wrap, which also features tomato, cucumber, red onion and horseradish mayonnaise.
21⁄2 lb. salmon fillets, cut in 1⁄2-lb. portions
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze (recipe follows)
1 cup diced tomato
1 cup diced cucumber
1 cup diced red onion
1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. honey
1⁄4 cup minced parsley
10 oz. horseradish mayonnaise
5 10-in. sun-dried tomato tortillas
1 qt. arugula
Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze
Yield: About 1 cup
1⁄4 cup butter
1⁄2 onion, minced
1⁄4 cup bourbon
1⁄2 lb. brown sugar
1. Lightly brush salmon with vegetable oil, and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill salmon over high heat for 4 minutes per side.
2. Place salmon on sheet tray coated with oil. Brush salmon with generous amount of Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze (recipe below) and place in 325˚F preheated oven until cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Cool salmon. (Can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.)
4. To make tomato salad: Mix diced tomatoes, cucumber, onion, vinegar, honey, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Brush horseradish mayonnaise on tortillas. Place salmon on tortilla. Top salmon with ½ cup of tomato salad. Place small handful of arugula on top of salad mix.
6. Wrap ingredients in tortilla and grill briefly to mark tortilla. Cut on an angle across center.
For Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze:
1. Melt butter in sauté pan. Add onions and caramelize.
2. Deglaze pan with bourbon and flame. When flames burn out, whisk in brown sugar and heat until combined. Remove from heat and reserve.
Recipe by Sullivan University, Louisville, Ky.