Breakfast Chiles Relleños Over Two Fried Eggs Served with Black Bean Relish
Make a tasty breakfast in under 30 minutes. This Spanish dish combines salsa, eggs, beans, corn and cheese for an unique breakfast dish.
½ tsp. canola oil
¼ cup sautéed corn
4 oz. can black beans
1 ⅓ cup prepared salsa can
½ oz. chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
3 small poblano chilies
1 strip jack cheese
1 strip cheddar cheese
2 slices pepper jack cheese
4 large eggs
½ cup whole milk
- Sauté corn adding half a teaspoon of canola oil until crunchy and brown.
- Add cooked black beans, prepared salsa and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse chilies and discard seeds.
- Insert one strip of jack and one strip cheddar cheese and two slices of shredded pepper jack in each chili, cutting slit in one side of chile. Dust chili with flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat egg yolks and fold into whites. Add milk.
- Add melted butter (should not be hot) to egg mixture. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish generously.
- Pour thick coating of batter on bottom of dish. Place chile on top of batter and spoon remaining batter over chilies.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, or deep-fry 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cook eggs to your preference. Stage each serving as pictured (Any choice of egg over easy or poached).
Recipe by Bosch LLC (Southern Foodservice Management Inc.), Broadview, Ill.