Breakfast Chiles Relleños Over Two Fried Eggs Served with Black Bean Relish
Make a tasty breakfast in under 30 minutes. This Spanish dish combines salsa, eggs, beans, corn and cheese for an unique breakfast dish.
½ tsp. canola oil
¼ cup sautéed corn
4 oz. can black beans
1 ⅓ cup prepared salsa can
½ oz. chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
3 small poblano chili
1 strip jack cheese
1 strip cheddar cheese
2 slices pepper jack cheese
4 large eggs
½ cup whole milk
- Sauté corn adding half a teaspoon of canola oil until crunchy and brown.
- Add cooked black beans, prepared salsa and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse chile and discard seeds.
- Insert one strip of jack and one strip cheddar cheese and two slices of [shredded] pepper jack in each chile, cutting slit in one side of chile. Dust chile with flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat egg yolks and fold into whites. Add milk.
- Add melted butter (should not be hot) to egg mixture. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish [generously].
- Pour thick coating of batter on bottom of dish. Place chile on top of batter and spoon remaining batter over chile.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, or deep fry 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cook eggs to your preference. Stage each serving as pictured (Any choice of egg over easy or poached).
Recipe by Bosch LLC (Southern Foodservice Management Inc.), Broadview, Ill.