Black Forest Cake Gelato
A wonderful blend of cherry and chocolate, this German staple makes its debut in creamy gelato complete with pieces of chocolate cake and topped with Amarena cherries.
7.1oz PreGel Zuppi — Chocolate
7.1oz whole milk
300g PreGel 5-Star Chef Pastry Select™ Tortino al Cioccolato (Molten Chocolate Cake Base)
Black Forest Gelato (hot process)
3000g whole milk
60g PreGel Dextrose
150g PreGel Diamant 50 (Milk Base – Hot Process)
150g PreGel Nonfat Dry Milk (Grade A, Low Heat)
380g PreGel Cacaopat Traditional Paste (Chocolate – Unsweet)
200g chocolate cake
250g PreGel Amarena Arabeschi® (Whole Sour Cherries)
- Whisk all ingredients together. Set aside for assembly.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into pan and bake at 180°C/355°F until fully baked – about 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into cubes.
- Gently toss cake cubes in Chocolate Syrup, spread on a sheet pan and freeze.
Black Forest gelato
- Strain cherries from PreGel Amarena Arabeschi® (Whole Sour Cherries) and reserve liquid.
- Combine milk, cream, sugar, PreGel Dextrose, PreGel Diamant 50 (Milk Base – Hot Process), PreGel Nonfat Dry Milk (Grade A, Low Heat), PreGel Cacaopat Traditional Paste (Chocolate – Unsweet) and reser ved cherry syrup in a large plastic bucket.
- Mix well for 2-3 minutes using an immersion blender.
- Place in Hot Process machine and process according to machine’s instructions, or heat on a stovetop to 85°C/185°F.
- Process in a batch freezer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Upon extraction, fold in the cherries and the frozen chocolate cake pieces.
- Decorate with PreGel Amarena Arabeschi® (Whole Sour Cherries).