Beef Bulgogi Sliders
When Molly Cunningham, executive chef for Flik International at Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen and Hamilton in New York, wanted to satisfy customer demand for diverse cuisine, she looked to her Korean background and love of Asian cuisine and developed these beef bulgogi sliders.
15 lb. ground beef
1. Combine all slider ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Form 2-ounce burger sliders. Hold cold for service.
3. For barbecue sauce: Sweat ginger, garlic and onions with canola oil until translucent. Add beef base, apple juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, mirin, ketchup, hoisin, Sriracha and Korean chili paste. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add black pepper and salt. Adjust seasoning. Finish with chopped scallions.
4. For service, grill three beef sliders per order and glaze with barbecue sauce. Cook until desired temperature, or until 165°F.
5. Place slider on bun and top with pickled cucumber relish. Offer accompanying dipping sauce and pickled salads if desired.