Basmati Rice and Wild Rice Blend
Mix up your rice options with this Basmati Rice and Wild Rice Blend recipe.
2.16 oz. wild rice
.81 oz. diced onions
.54 oz. margarine
6.56 oz. basmati rice
.23623 oz. savory vegetable base
2 ¼ cups water
⅛ tsp. white pepper
- Soak wild rice overnight in cold water.
- In sauté pan, sauté onions until barely tender.
- Combine vegetable base, water and pepper. Pour equal amounts of sautéed onion mixture over each pan of rice. Pour about ¾ of vegetable base mixture over basmati rice and 1 quart of the mixture over wild rice.
- Cook basmati and wild rice separately, until both are cooked.
- Cook rice in steamer, until all water is absorbed, about 25 to 30 minutes. Test for doneness and add liquid if needed. Rice should remain covered while cooking.
- Once rice is tender, combine basmati and wild rice.
Recipe by Miami University, Oxford Ohio