Barbecue American Lamb Pita Pizza
Featuring fresh lamb, pineapple and barbecue sauce, this flatbread is made for game lovers.
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 lb. ground American Lamb
4 tsp. garlic salt
2 cups bottled barbecue sauce, divided
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
8 pita breads (5 to 7-in.)
8 canned pineapple slices, halved
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add bell pepper and onion, cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add lamb, garlic, salt and cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
- In bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper. Add 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture to cooked lamb.
- Spread 2 tablespoons remaining barbecue sauce on each pita bread.
- Top each pita bread with 4 pieces pineapple and 1/2 cup lamb mixture.
- Sprinkle each pita with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake in 400°F oven, until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each pita pizza into 4 or 8 wedges.