This burger was created as the signature burger at the UMass food truck BabyBerk. The burger features applewood smoked bacon, salsa, cheddar and Montreal steak seasoning.
4 oz. burger patty
Montreal steak seasoning
Butter to spread
1 seeded bun
2 slices applewood-smoked bacon
1⁄2 oz. slice mild Vermont cheddar
1⁄2 oz. mild salsa
3 slices avocado
1 leaf lettuce
1 slice tomato
1. Place burger on grill and season with Montreal steak seasoning.
2. Butter and toast seeded bun.
3. Add two slices bacon to grill.
4. Flip burger; put bacon on top, and melt cheddar cheese over bacon.
5. Place toasted bun into clamshell container, and spread with salsa.
6. Place slices of avocado into salsa to cover entire bun.
7. Set lettuce and tomato onto bun.
8. Add bacon burger to bottom bun in container.
9. Top burger with top bun; close container and serve.
Recipe by University of Massachusetts, Amherst