Avocado and Orange Salad
Featuring avocados, carrots and corn, this salad also adds a hint of crunch with toasted sunflower seeds and tortilla strips.
1 5-oz. bag baby spinach
1/4 red onion, julienne
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1 cup mandarin oranges
1/2 cup roasted sweet corn
1/2 cup black beans
2 diced medium avocados
3/4 cup crumbled feta
1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup crispy tortillas strips
Cilantro Vinaigrette as needed [recipe follows]
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
4 roughly chopped garlic gloves
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 fresh jalapeño, deseeded, chopped
1 cup canola oil
1 bunch fresh cilantro
- For vinaigrette, place first five ingredients in blender.
- While blender is running, stream in oil.
- Add cilantro and pulse just until it incorporates. You should still see nice chucks of cilantro.
- For salad, place all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add vinaigrette to taste and toss.