Autumn Ravioli with Butternut and Sage
With fresh butternut squash and vegan ravioli, this seasonal dish is a perfect way to beat the cold.
3 lb. butternut squash
6 oz. 1/2-in. diced onions
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups water
2 tbsp. vegetable base
1 1/2 tsp. ground spice
3/4 cup parsley
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
3 lb. precooked vegan ravioli
2 tbsp. Smart Balance Butter Alternative
- Place squash and onions on sheet pan and toss with oil, water and seasonings.
- Roast in 375°F oven, until deep golden brown and soft.
- Place ravioli in 2-inch hotel pans and distribute squash mixture over ravioli.
- Dot with dollops of smart balance and add broth to each pan.
- Place parchment paper over mixture and wrap with tin foil.
- Cook until ravioli reaches 165°F, about for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Unwrap pan and garnish with fresh-chopped parsley.
Recipe by University of Connecticut