Asian Turkey and Rice Noodles
This turkey dish has a divine Asian flare. Tenderloins are brushed with soy sauce, hoisin, beer, sugar, and mustard and grilled to enhance the flavor. Served over a bed of rice noodles and stir-fry vegetables and peanuts.
2 lb. skinless, boneless turkey breast
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
1⁄4 cup beer
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1 lb. rice noodles
2 tbsp. peanut oil
4 cups sliced Chinese cabbage
1 red onion, slivered
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
2 garlic cloves, minced
Fish sauce, to taste
Rice wine vinegar, to taste
1 cup chopped peanuts
Lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. Cut turkey breast into tenderloins. Combine soy sauce, hoisin, beer, sugar, and mustard; brush on turkey. Let stand 15 min.
2. Grill tenderloins 3-4 min. per side, brushing with sauce mixture, or until internal
temperature reaches 170°F.
3. Soak noodles in water to soften. Heat oil in wok. Add cabbage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 3 min. Add fish sauce and vinegar.
4. Drain noodles and stir into vegetable mixture in wok. Cut turkey into thin slices.
5. For service, portion out noodle mixture and top with turkey slices and peanuts. Garnish with lime and cilantro.