Asian Noodles with Shrimp, Garlic, and Pecans
Pecans are a versatile, crunchy, golden-brown gem when added to your recipes. This Asian-style soup can be served warm or chilled as the perfect addition to a summer lunch menu.
8-9 oz. Asian buckwheat noodles (soba)
1⁄2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1⁄4 cup mirin
2 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dark sesame oil
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic
1⁄2 cup chopped Georgia pecans
2 cups sliced red onion
2 1⁄2 cups julienned yellow squash
2 1⁄2 cups juliennedzucchini
1⁄4 cup minced parsley
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles; stir and cook for 4-5 min. or until done. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside in large mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp for 3-4 min. or until bright pink and cooked through. Add shrimp to noodles.
4. Add ginger, garlic, and pecans to pan and sauté over medium-high heat for 15 sec.; add to shrimp and noodle mixture. Add onions to pan and cook 1 min.; add to shrimp and noodles. Add yellow squash and zucchini to pan and stir-fry until crisp and tender, about 2 min. Add to noodle mixture.
5. Drizzle soy sauce over noodle mixture and garnish with minced parsley and serve, or chill and serve cold.