A new look for FoodServiceDirector.com
Published in FSD Update
FoodService Director’s redesigned site makes it easier than ever for operators to find trends, news and research.
Welcome to the new FoodServiceDirector.com. For the past year and a half we’ve been working to create a new site designed with you—our busy readers—in mind. We’re adding new content to the site, increasing our engagement with readers and making it easier than ever to find the trends and information you need to do your jobs better.
Here’s a quick rundown of the new features you’ll see on the site:
This time-saving component houses the information we think you’ll want to reference and check often. The Dashboard is found not only prominently displayed on the homepage, but it is also found on the right-hand side of every page on the site for quick and easy reference. The Dashboard houses four sections:
- What’s New (the most recently added items to the site)
- Industry News & Opinion (breaking foodservice industry news)
- Managing Your Business (tips and operator success stories on cutting costs, increasing revenue and managing your workforce)
- Ideas & Innovation (Steal This Idea, Design Portfolio, emerging trends, health and wellness and going green stories)
The Menu Development section is where you’ll find all the resources you need to plan and execute your menus. This section includes:
- Recipedia (a searchable database of all the recipes FoodService Director has published in the last four years)
- Menu Strategies (tips to craft your menus)
- Recipe Snapshot (slideshows featuring recipes from each issue of the magazine as well as our Signature Series)
- Ingredients (creative ways to menu ingredients and insights from growers)
- Creating Healthier Menus (strategies to improve the health component of your menus)
- Healthy Recipe Revamp (see how operators have taken a menu item and made it better for you)
Research is your go-to data information center. If you need a stat about non-commercial foodservice, chances are we’ve got it in the Research section. Here you’ll find:
- The Big Picture (the most comprehensive non-commercial research project)
- Industry Census (in-depth analysis on the individual market segments)
People in Foodservice
People in Foodservice is where you’ll find those stories that focus on the individuals who make up the non-commercial market. In this section, you’ll find:
We’ve also made all content searchable by market segment. You can find content by segment by clicking on one of the links at the top of any page.
We created this new site to quickly put the information you are looking for at your fingertips—whether that’s a recipe, the latest news or research. So give the site a drive and let me know what you think. You can reach me at email@example.com. And check back often, as we’ll be updating our site on a daily basis.