School Nutrition Heroes for 2018 unveiled
The School Nutrition Foundation has named its five School Nutrition Heroes for 2018.
The honorees were nominated by their peers and then selected by the SNF for helping end hunger for homeless and low-income students and their families.
Those chosen are:
- Paula Angelucci, child nutrition director, Colonial School District; New Castle, Del.
- Anthony Terrell, culinary specialist, Shelby County Schools; Memphis, Tenn.
- April Laskey, director of school nutrition, Billerica Public Schools; Billerica, Mass.
- Lynne Shore, food service director, Willamina School District; Willamina, Ore.
- Patricia Urbanczyk, kitchen manager, School City of Hammond; Hammond, Ind.
All five will be honored at the School Nutrition Association’s Legislative Action Conference in Washington, D.C., this March.