Military feeders honored at NRA show
Awards reconize the best in military foodservice.
May 7—The winners of the 2012 John L. Hennessy and W.P.T. Hill Memorial Awards, which recognize innovations in military foodservice, were announced at the NRA Show in Chicago.
The Hennessy Awards go to U.S. Air Force operations and the Major General W.P.T. Hill Awards are given to U.S. Marine Corps operations. Awards were presented in several categories. Honorees were recognized at a breakfast on the opening day of the show.
The Hennessey Award winners were:
• Multiple Facility Base: 1st Special Operations Force Support Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
• Single Facility Base: 39th Force Support Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
• AFGSC Best in Missile Feeding Operations: 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana
• USAFE Food Service Small Site Award: 702nd Munitions Support Squadron, Buechel Air Base, Germany
This Hill Award winners were:
• Best Military/Contractor Garrison Mess Hall: Mess Hall 423, Marine Corps Air Station Futenma, MCB Camp S.D. Butler, Okinawa, Japan
• Best Reserve Field Mess: Marine Wing Support Squadron 473, Marine Wing Support Group 47, 4th Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Corp Air Station, Miramar, California
• Best Full Food Service Contracted Garrison Mess Hall: Mess Hall 590, 1st Recruit Training Battalion, Marine Corps Recruiting Depot, Eastern Recruiting Region, Parris Island, South Carolina
• Best Active Field Mess: Marine Wing Support Squadron 172, Marine Wing Support Group 17, 1st Marine Aircraft Wing, Camp Foster, Okinawa, Japan
The 2012 Hennessy Travelers’ Association Award of Excellence was also presented. This award honors Airmen who exemplify the highest standards of professionalism, attitude and culinary skill:
• SrA Oscar Vazquez, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst New Jersey
• SSgt Kimberly Cockrell, Malmstrom AFB Montana