Connelly Awards for Best in Army foodservice announced
Jan. 9—The winning units for the 2012 Philip A. Connelly Award for Excellence in Army food service were recently announced for the active Army, National Guard and Reserve components. The awards program is managed by the U.S. Army Quartermaster School, which is part of the Combined Arms Support Command, headquartered at Fort Lee, Va., through the Joint Culinary Center of Excellence. The International Food Service Executives Association and Department of the Army G-4 are co-sponsors of the program.
The 2012 winning units are:
• Military Garrison winner: 1-10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Consolidated Dining Facility, Panzer Kaserne, Stuttgart, Germany
• Military Garrison runner-up: Talon Cafe, 2nd Combat Aviation Brigade, Camp Humphreys, Korea
• Civilian Garrison winner: Dining Facility #2, Fort Gordon, Ga.
• Civilian Garrison runner-up: Casey Main Dining Facility, Camp Casey, Korea
• Active Army Field Kitchen winner: Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 307th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, Fort Bragg, N.C.
• Active Army Field Kitchen runner-up: 542nd Support Maintenance Company, Joint Base Lewis/McCord, Wash.
• Army Reserve winner: 326th Quartermaster Company, New Castle, Pa.
• Army Reserve runner-up: 847th Human Resources Company, Fort Snelling, Minn.
• Army National Guard winner: 267th Maintenance Company, Lincoln, Neb.
• Army National Guard runner-up: 1032nd Transportation Company, Gate City, Va.
The Connelly program was established in March 1968 and is named for the late Philip A. Connelly, former IFSEA president. There will be an awards ceremony in March to recognize the winning commands.