Think your foodservice operation has a golden egg?
The Goldies is an annual national award program which recognizes the achievements of Gold Standards in non-commercial foodservice—from FoodService Director and The Culinary Institute of America.
This is your opportunity to showcase an exceptional program within your foodservice operations which you feel achieved Gold Standard quality.
New in 2012
The goldies will be awarded to each of four market sectors: K–12, C&U, Healthcare, and B&I. Plus, the best initiative of the four will be recognized with the Grand Goldie.
Suggested categories in which to enter:
- Going Green – Your operation embraces the ideas that support sustainability or environmental responsibility in a Gold Standard fashion
- Focusing on the Guest – Your operation consistently delivers Gold Standard quality to customers in every aspect of the service experience.
- Food Democracy – Ensures your customers can get Gold Standard food however they want it, anytime, anywhere
- Health and Wellness – You address health & wellness, food allergies or other dietary needs in a Gold Standard fashion
- Production Efficiency – Your staff meets the Gold Standard in back-of-the-house production performance.
- Financial Wizardry – Your staff meets the Gold Standard of financial performance.
Primary attributes demonstrated in each entry:
- The overall concept
- Ability to perpetuate the concept consistently over time
- Ways in which the business facilities the activity and training surrounding the concept
- How it is a benefit to the business and the guest
The Goldies are designed to give non-commercial foodservice operators and their teams the opportunity to showcase the many ways in which they achieve gold standard quality in their establishments. The categories are intentionally general in order to allow a broad spectrum of entries and as well to encompass the many ways our industry interfaces with the people it serves. An entrant should simply tie their program to the best category which fits the general theme of the entry.
- All segments of non-commercial foodservice as outlined above are permitted to enter.
- The concept must be in actual practice within your organization and have stood the test of time.
- It must be a "Gold Standard" representation of the concept, process and result.
To enter a category:
- Define the "Golden Egg Idea" in your operation in approximately 500 words. This definition should include an idea statement, a conceptual description of the idea, the benefits of the idea to your business, how the idea reflects the philosophy of "Gold Standard Practices," the ways you have facilitated the concept in your operation.
- Identify the people in your operation who are owners of the process.
- Submit a 3-to-5-minute video demonstrating the concept in action. This video should serve to prove that the concept is in actual practice and as well demonstrate all your claims in the idea definition. Please mail finished video to: Paul King, Editor, FoodService Director, 90 Broad St., Ste 402, New York, NY 10004
*All entries become the property of The Goldies Awards Advisory Board and may be used in any way they deem fit.
Need inspiration? Click here to see last year's winners video submissions.
The deadline for entries for the 2012 Goldies has passed. Stay tuned in March when FSD announces the winners.
All segments of non-commercial foodservice are eligible to enter.
For more information, contact Paul King at 646.708.7320 or email@example.com