Stealing ideas from random lists: football stadium edition
Stadiums get creative with unconventional football fare.
The Bleacher Report posted a fairly arbitrary slideshow about the coolest food items offered at the top 25 college football stadiums. Some choices are from off-campus restaurants, but there were some shout-outs for the colleges' respective foodservice operators. I know not every dining services department handles concessions for their institutions but a few of these menu items seemed interesting enough to share.
My favorites mentioned in the slideshow included:
- Boise State: Donuts, served with the customer's choice of icing to dip them in.
- University of South Carolina: Thai food such as egg rolls, pepper steak, beef with oyster sauce and various curries from Thai Kingdom Oriental Kitchen.
- University of Iowa: Foot-long chili cheese dog.
- Virginia Tech: Giant smoked turkey leg.
- Michigan State: Pulled pork nachos.
- University of Texas: Roll-it-yourself sushi.
- University of Nebraska: Original Runza Sandwich, made with ground beef, onions and cabbage all blended with a secret recipe of spices and topped with cheese.
- LSU: Jambalaya
- Notre Dame: Corned beef and roast turkey sandwich on rye.